When these boys are 15 & 17 I'm still going to be taking pictures of them in the plastic car...I spent much of yesterday watching the boys playing together - new games include: Dinosaur Jungle (which includes laughing and roaring in our backyard playhut), Somersault Fest (which involves lots of rolling around the yard), and Bad Guys (which includes a lot of chasing and tackling). I fought the playing of "Bad Guys" for several days before I just realized they are having fun and being imaginative even though I have no idea where "Bad Guys" came from.
They have grown up so much over the last month - Seamus is attending his last day of preschool until next fall this morning. I'm looking forward to the break, but I know how much he'll miss going to she Mrs. Culbertson. Finn is communicating so much more clearly (even if it means dragging me by the hand to show me what he wants) and he is able to keep up with all Seamus's games. Yesterday the boys tag-teamed their naps and as Seamus was falling asleep, Finn was waking up. I told Finn he had to stay in bed for a while ( I was hoping to close my eyes too), but while I was laying down with Seamus I had to laugh at Finn. He was cradling his "Mr. Moo" and rocking him like a baby. He put the cow over his shoulder and got his pillow all set up like a bed to lay down Mr. Moo. It was so endearing, he played like this for about 20 minutes before I gave up on the nap and we all went outside. It is just all so much fun.
1 comment:
What a summer indeed! You guys are amazing parents and are clearly raising happy kids. Lots of love to you & the munchkins.
Post a Comment