Katie just sent me this picture and my first thought was that I absolutely love being a mom. I am grateful for this gift - and it is a gift. I promise not to take it lightly or for granted. I pray often that I live up to this precious opportunity, that I hold myself to high standards and that I become a steady source of support, discipline and love for the kids. It isn't always obvious or easy - but it is always worth it.
Blessings that I love (and often go back to read).
From "The Prophet" By Kahlil Gibran
You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite,
and He bends you with His might that His arrows may go swift and far.
Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;
For even as he loves the arrow that flies,so He loves also the bow that is stable.
From the Tao Te Ching
Giving birth and nourishing,
having without possessing,
acting with no expectations,
leading and not trying to control:
this is the supreme virtue.
Giving birth and nourishing,
having without possessing,
acting with no expectations,
leading and not trying to control:
this is the supreme virtue.

No comments:
Post a Comment