Sunday, July 19, 2009

Dad's Day and James' Birthday

I was able to be with my whole family (Mom, Katie, Anne, Andie, Kiddies, Pat, Jason, Robin) for Father's day. I can't imagine a better way to spend it - sending out lots of love to our Toms on this day as well, so it was nice that I could be some sort of "stand-in" for the day. We even hit the boardwalk for some fantasticness.

































For my birthday - I took the family to a waterpark! It was AWESOME - maybe a new family tradition. It was perfect - little something for everyone - lazy river, hot tub, Kowabunga Falls - perfect. I spend quite a bit of time convincing Seamus to go on rides with me - there were a number of BIG rides that required two people. Kind of a foreshadowing of things to come...but with roles reversed. To top off the day - we spent the evening with Uncle John, Maureen, Megan, and Katelyn. We were very happy that Katelyn had recovered from her bubonic plague so we could be a-visiting. Fantastic company and tasty Portuguese food - our Dougherty summer tradition.

The family gave me a new camera so enjoy the pics! The video is kind of slow action - but the boys love Videos on Blogs - so here we go! (I'll get better at the camera usage - I promise)










3 comments:

Andie Dougherty said...

Sorry we missed your birthday but glad we were able to be with you on Father's Day! That waterpark looks awesome - can we all go next summer??

We're having a great time with your mom and Pat in Charleston - Connor isn't going to know what to do with himself tomorrow when he has to go home to his boring house without the beach right out the backdoor! Wish you guys were here - love you!

jdoughe3 said...

I must say - one of my fav pics is of giant 6'6" Jason in the kid's truck.

Hi-larious.

Unknown said...

James,
I spent over two years in the Dominican Republic preparing for that moment--did you know that I can fit in a Toyota Corolla with six other people and some of their favorite chickens? I don't know why Seamus and MJ weren't in the truck with me too, there was plenty of room.
love,
jc